Beliefs and Values
Our mission is to introduce people to Jesus Christ and membership in His family, to encourage them in Christ-like maturity, to equip them for ministry in the church and our community, and to commission leaders for the mission of the church.
Our purpose is to turn hearts toward Jesus.
As devoted Christ-followers, we value:
Lifelong Learning of Scripture
• Lifelong learning of Scripture and submission to its authority
• Discipleship that transforms towards Christ-likeness
• Biblical, Spirit empowered Christ focused preaching
• The Anabaptist theological heritage
• The enabling and encouragement of prayer
• Passionate gift-based ministry
• Joyful, generous giving
• Caring for people as Jesus would
• An active loving witness that leads people to Christ
• A multi-generational church community where everyone experiences meaningful relationships and a sense of belonging
• Worship that is God-honoring, Spirit directed and life changing
• A culture of service
We believe in God as eternal Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. God created and sustains the universe. The eternal purpose of God the Father is to create a people who will bring glory to God forever. God alone is worthy of worship.
We believe that God became human in Jesus Christ. Jesus came to restore the world because humans have rejected God in disobedience. Jesus taught and modeled the way of God’s kingdom. He died on the cross, making it possible for us to accept a renewed relationship with God. He rose from the dead, broke the power of sin and death, and frees us to live in obedience to God’s will.
We believe that God the Holy Spirit invites all people to be reconciled with God and to join the global family of faith. Believers confess their faith, are baptized, and join in the celebration of the Lord’s Supper. Through the power of the Holy Spirit and guided by the Bible, members of the church seek to live as followers of Christ and invite others to experience this new life.