South Abbotsford Church
Following hard after Jesus, becoming like Him, turning people to God,
and engaging in the extraordinary life He gives
Sundays at 10am
- Next Gen
- Next Gen
...because emotional health is the foundation for spiritual maturity.
Freedom Session runs Thursday evening, September to end of May. We start with dinner together at 6:00 pm, with our Large Group session under way by 6:45 pm. (Evening is done at 9:00 PM)
Click here to fill out a registration form.
If you would like more information on Freedom Session, or for service opportunities, we would love to hear from you. Please click here to email us or phone our office at 604-853-2663 and ask for Connie Siebert.
Registration for the 2017/2018 year is now open. We begin Freedom Session at South Abbotsford Church on Thursday, September 14, 2017 at 6pm.
What is Freedom Session?
* facing the truth * finding freedom * authentic living *
Freedom Session helps people write out their story with a God-inspired ending.
Freedom Session is a 20-week journey leading us to face the truth about ourselves, our lives and the destructive relational patterns we use to protect our hearts. We learn to step out of denial and face reality. Next, we ask God to reveal the pain in our hearts and false beliefs that fuel our behaviors of escape, invite Him into these areas and ask Him to redeem all that was lost. It’s not the pain in our past that holds us in bondage today but our interpretation of the events. With the support of others walking the same journey, we take the practical steps necessary to break free and find lasting healing. Shame loses its grip and we are ready to embrace the life God intended for us. Those taking the 8-week Authentic Living follow up course will discover how to hear from God daily, craft an authentic life plan, resolve conflict and set healthy boundaries. FS is a basic discipleship tool for any church seeking to impact their culture for Jesus.
What Makes FS Unique:
- it is uncompromisingly biblical and relies on the healing power of Jesus Christ and the ministry of the Holy Spirit.
- it has created its own 12 step process that accurately reflects the message of Jesus. Our goal is not recovery, but emotional and relational healing.
- it is for everyone and deals with the issues people are struggling with. It uncovers the deeper heart issues that cause people to seek escape through pornography, TV, food, performance, fantasy, people pleasing, isolation, or alcohol/drugs.
- it brings hope into depression, past failures and sexual wounds through abuse or promiscuity. Churches don’t need separate programs for every area of hurt, wound or addictions.
- it uses video teaching as well as small group format. Detailed participant guides include outlines for small group discussion and weekly step work assignments.
- it is transferable and has proven effective across denominational lines. Christ’s intent is for all to walk in freedom and healing.